Sometimes, getting the Apps in the stores can be a little tricky.
Let us show you how to get this Done in just a few minutes.
For Starters: Get Ready to Publish
The publishing process in AppStore can be a lot quicker if you have all of the store listing content complete and available before you start. So when you're ready to publish your app, here are the items you should have available.
- IPA file (Your Ordering team previously provided this.)
- Images to publish on Store Listing
- Valid Apple developer program account (not the Apple Developer Enterprise Program)
- A computer that runs Mac OS X
- The following programs installed: Xcode and Keychain Access
Creating your App Store Listing
Reserve a slot in the App Store for your app.
- Start in your browser, navigate to iTunes Connect
- Log in
- Click My Apps
- Click the “+” in the top left of the screen
- Click “New iOS App”
- Bundle ID: choose the one created on Developer Portal
- For convenience, make the SKU match the Bundle ID created earlier, by example, if Bundle ID is: Ordering Business - com.ordering.businessapp then put orderingappbusinesapp
- Click Create to save the first version listing
Filling up the listing of the App
Fill the fields:
Name: Name of your app
Here just select the Primary and Secondary Category.
On Content Rights Select Set Up Content Rights Information.
Here you will select YES only if your app will be used to sell from recognized trademarks, like Domino's, KFC, Starbucks etc. And if this is the case, a permission letter should be submitted. Any other case you will select NO.
Now click in Save. Let's move to the Pricing and Availability Category
Here just set the app Price and everything else stay at it is. Les click in to save and move to the next section.
Click on Prepare for Submission.
Here, we are going to upload the preview screenshots of the app
Upload up to 3 on each section, the iPhone 6.5'' and the IPad Pro 3rd Generation are optional, but we recommend uploading the four marked in the image below, given that you can use the same images in both IPads.
Once uploaded, scroll down to the next section.
Here fill all the fields in the image:
SupportURL: (could be the main site URL) optional
Marketing URL: (could be the main site URL) optional
Adding the IPA I have
Once you have all your App Keys properly configured all you have to do is to open your builder and click on Build Pro button inside the "Build apps" section.
Once the build is completed, Download the file with the Download button.
You can use Transporter to upload the .ipa file you just download. You can download it from the App Store for Mac OS.
Once uploaded, Apple will verify the file, this process can take a few minutes, but you will know that it is ready because the link "Select a build before you submit your app" will be available.
Click on it.
Select the build and click in Done.
On this part, probably you will be prompted with encryption questions, due to the app have encryption we are going to select yes on both options showed.
Once uploaded, automatically will set the app icon, just update the version to the same of the build, click in Rating Edit to rate the app, and fill the information of the right (Copyright: Use the format: YYYY Company Name).
App Review Information.
This section is different for all the applications. First, fill the contact information with the information required.
Uncheck Sign-in required.
Notes: You can find the information you need searching for the following address "One of the restaurants address".
Check Sign-in required
Fill username and password with the logins of one Manager account.
Notes: This app is for a manager use, you can accept or reject the orders and drivers from here.
Check Sign-In required
Fill username and password with the logins of one driver account.
Notes: This app is for Driver use, you can accept or reject the orders from here.
Click in Save...
If the Apps have any errors check them out, maybe it is a missing field, just let us know so we can dig into the situation and help you with it.
If you are uploading the Delivery (Drivers) App. On the description of the App, be sure to add: Disclaimer "Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life."
Submit to Review
Every app that is submitted to the store has to be reviewed by the Apple team before release.
- Select the release type
- Manual release – after the app is accepted, a Release button will appear
- Automatic release – as soon as the app is accepted, it will be released
- Wait for approval
- This process usually takes 2-3 weeks for a new submission
- If your app was not approved, review the notes in the Resolution Center and make any necessary changes to the app or version information then resubmit
Have a Happy Ordering