In this space, you can set roles to users.
Log In, with Super admin, go to ADMIN AREA, Click on Settings, Go to USERS.
- A user can only place orders.
- A business owner can manage your business, orders, products.
- A city manager has the same permissions as the owner, additional, they will be able to manage all the stores in the city.
Note: We are still working on this user, meanwhile this does not have any permissions
- An administrator has access to all the above mentioned and additional, manipulates the users, the business owners, and the city manager.
Note The Driver Manager User doesn't have any permission neither.
In all the columns, it shows the same fields. The only thing that will differentiate is in the type of user discharged, by its category and privileges.
1. Filter: in this section, we can filter each user, by name, ID or email and thus be able to find it easier.
2. ID: In this section, you will find the number that identifies the user registered.
3. Name: In this section, this name will be according to the customer.
4. Email: In this section goes the email, which the user signed up for.
If you want to temporarily disable a user, you can do so by deactivating this Switch.
If you want to permanently delete, you can click on this icon.
If you want to edit a user already registered, you can do it by clicking on this icon.
If you edit it to the user, this Pop Up will open allowing you to edit your user's personal information. Like this.
1. Name: In this section, you will see the name that the user registered when he
2. Last name: In this field will be your last name which we must always complete.
3. Email: Customer's e-mail.
4. Phone/mobile: Customer´s phone number.
5. Middle name: In this field will be your middle name which we must always complete.
6. Second lastname: In this field will be your second last name which we must always complete.
7. Password: Here is the password that is used to log in.
8. Type: Here you choose the type of user that will be, remember that each one has different privileges.