With this tool, you'll be able to upload all the required information in just a few seconds.
To import one or multiple categories, you should first download the importer example for "Import Categories”.
Once you have downloaded the importer, when you open the file, you will notice that the columns contain the names of the data that the categories should have. In this example, we will create a new category with the following data:
- External business ID: (number): This is the store identifier where the category will be created.
- External category ID: This is the target category. If the category is created, it will be assigned this identifier, or if the category already exists, it will be searched for using this identifier.
- External parent category ID: If it's a subcategory, you should include the "external id" of the parent category, otherwise, leave it blank.
- Name: Category name.
- Slug: This is the label that the category will carry (similar to an identifier).
- Image: The category will take the image from the added link (it can be from Cloudinary).
- Rank: If multiple categories are imported, you can configure the order in which they will be displayed, for example, 1, 2, 3, 4...
- Enabled: Specify if the business is active or inactive (use 1 for active and 0 for inactive)
You should edit the file and add the data you want to import. In this case, we will import a category with the following data:
You select the importer, click on "Upload," choose the file, and then click "Import." The new category will appear in the store categories.
Ordering always involves thinking about what you need most.
As Always, Happy Ordering.